28 April 2006

Shakespeare & Company: 'Be not inhospitable to strangers lest they be angels in disguise'


"I may disappear leaving behind me no worldly possessions - just a few old socks and love letters, and my windows overlooking Notre-Dame for all of you to enjoy, and my little rag and bone shop of the heart whose motto is "Be not inhospitable to strangers lest they be angels in disguise". I may disappear leaving no forwarding address, but for all you know I may still be walking among you on my vagabond journey around the world." -- George Whitman, Shakespeare & Co. (photo: R. Keith)

In June, a festival "focusing on travel writing, will take place under a tent in the Réné Viviani park next to Shakespeare and Company. / Chez Thompson offers a blog post about spring, pancakes and Shakespeare & Company. / Sab Will promises a fantastic interview with Sylvia Whitman, "who now runs the legendary Left Bank bookshop."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home










Parisblog

Site au hasard
Voir la liste