13 June 2005

I am not my laptop

Good news: I was able to install the software that runs my Palm PDA. Bad news: the software apparently changed some settings for me, and I am unable to access the Internet from the school's wifi connection in the cafeteria. This caused me great frustration for an hour or two.

Then I went around the corner to the Internet cafe, where I am now...listening to Kenny Rogers sing a duet with God-knows-who. It costs 2-euro per hour, but I am happy just to connect with my email, blog, and my world. There are about 14 people here with me, typing away on the loudest keyboards in the world. The frequent usage seems to have caused all the keys to rattle. So, here we all are, filing reports from a narrow room in Paris.

I received a lot of great email over the weekend. If you don't get a response from me in the next couple of days, please be patient. It may take a day or two to get the laptop settings back where they should be. Before he left town, T did everything possible to get the laptop in working order. He even changed the time. I suppose he knew how off-kilter I could get if I could not connect to the outside world. However, I am not my laptop, and the day will go on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home










Parisblog

Site au hasard
Voir la liste