28 January 2006

Cirque du Fellini @ John Galliano show

I am not fashionable and don't attend many fashion shows. But, if I were such a chap I would have sold my soul to have seen John Galliano's women's R-T-W spring/summer collection presented in Paris last October.

I ran into some photos and video of the show on British Vogue's Web site. For all of the grief people give models and the fashion industry this was a show that asserted "Everything is Beautiful." Contrasting pairs of real people in all shapes and sizes made this an interesting concept. It seems the show was well received and I doubt that anything quite like it will ever happen again. It had an Argentinian-Old Cinema-Cirque du Fellini sort of vibe. Clever!

Check the links above for access to British Vogue. If you want to watch the video, remember you can advance to the start of the actual show.

, ,










Parisblog

Site au hasard
Voir la liste