25 June 2005

I love Paris in the spring time

Paris is crawling with tourists. I had the town to myself until about mid-June. The crowds around town and near my apartment doubled overnight. The Germans were the first to arrive, then the Italians. The Brazilians are also here in force -- or perhaps they are Portugese? From time-to-time I see French tourists, here to visit their capitol. The Americans can often be heard before the are seen. Why are we such a loud people? Others use their inside voices, even outside.

Should you ever want to visit Paris...may I suggest coming between October and May? There's a reason for the line in that old song that says "I love Paris in the spring time." But...whenever you can make the trip, Paris is an endless adventure.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home










Parisblog

Site au hasard
Voir la liste